Dimensioning a drawing means adding dimensions, notes and lines to a drawing.
Architectural, Engineering and Design drawings must be able to tell you everything you need to manufacture a component or assemble several components together.
Basic Types of Dimension Used in Engineering Drawings.
You have to know: (pay attention to Glossary)
- Types of lines. (projection/extension, dimension and leader lines).
- Types of dimensioning a drawing (parallel, running, chain, and combined).
- Dimensioning circles.
- How to dimension a radius. (Interactive activity).
- Review dimensioning. What not to do.
- Dimension exercises. Just copy the views of 4 objects with its main dimmensions on the grid template.